Role: Infrastructure Project Engineer
Basis: Full Time
Location: Milton Park – Hybrid working
Our client specialises in IT security solutions and have won loads of awards for our excellence including Sophos Partner of the year twice. Our philosophy is to work hard and play just as hard. We are a privately owned company who have been in business since 2003 and continue to grow year on year. We really look after our employees and go above and beyond to ensure we remain an employer of choice. We believe in developing you and promote from within the business.
The role of Infrastructure Project Engineer is based in Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, however as clients are based UK wide, travelling is a requirement of this role. This role will offer a variety of projects and challenges with each customer being unique and expecting excellent levels of service. Projects will include, but not limited to, network refresh, wireless deployments, implementation of firewalls and other security products and migrations to Office 365.
This role will be within the fast-paced Projects team, the individual will be expected to follow from the project process from start to finish. This will have a small element of support required within the role; however, the primary role will be delivering at least 4 projects every month sometimes more for all our client base.
This typically comprises of 3 days paid support work, 1 day for a SOW and 1 day a week for training and admin.
As part of this role, you will need to:
- Develop a detailed scope of works
- Lead and assist with other IT project, as well as dealing with 3rd line escalated issues as required
- Work with other departments, ensuring that everyone is kept up to date
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Provide remote and on-site Project and IT Support
- Keep up-to-date with developments of the clients portfolio of products and with wider technology trends
- Interacting, Supporting and Presenting to new and current IT Service customers
If you have previous experience as an Infrastructure Project Engineer, have a passion for IT and want continuous career development, this is the right role for you. As an Infrastructure Project Engineer you will be joining a growing and experienced team in delivering and supporting a wide variety of technologies. This is a customer facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face to face communication skills when needed.
The ideal candidate will have most if not all the skills and experience listed below:
- Previous experience as an Infrastructure Project Engineer or a similar role
- In depth knowledge of ADDS, green site deployment of ADDS, multisite deployments, excellent grasp of group policies
- Experience with Microsoft windows RDS
- Office 365 – Experience with hybrid migrations, ideally being the technical lead on the project(s)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange – 2007-2016
- Experience with VPN’s, site to site links and remote working solutions
- Strong grasp of Networking principles, understanding of the OSI model and proven experience resolving medium to complex networking problems
- Experience with “bare metal” configuration of Firewalls and Switches, ideally Cisco, Dell, HP or HPE switches
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP services: DNS, DHCP, NTP SMTP etc.
- Experience working with cloud technologies- Azure or AWS
- Virtualisation Experience- VMware and Hyper V, bare metal deployments of ESXI hosts is essential
- Experience deploying and managing enterprise storage solutions (SAN’S)
- Maintain security of systems and networks within a business
- Experience developing HLD and LLD design documentation
- Experience deploying and optimising wireless solutions Certifications:
- CCNA (Desirable)
- MCSE (Desirable)
- MCSA (Desirable)
- Any major vendor certification (Essential)
- Strong communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Professional, approachable and flexible
- Team player, works effectively with colleagues across all functions
- Demonstrates energy and a positive attitude
- Tenacity and a strong desire to make a difference, always with the customer in mind
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
What we offer you Benefits
- 25 Days Holiday and rising (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working (WFH incentives)
- Private medical cover
- Discounted gym membership
- Epic Christmas Parties
- Car Parking
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.