Role: Field Engineer / 1st Line Engineer
Basis: Full Time
Our client specialises in IT security solutions and have won multiple awards for our excellence including Sophos Partner of the year twice. Our philosophy is to work hard and play just as hard. We are a privately owned company who have been in business since 2003 and continue to grow year on year. We really look after our employees and go above and beyond to ensure we remain an employer of choice. We believe in developing you and promote from within the business.
The role of the 1st Line Field Engineer is based at one of our client sites located in Tubney, Oxfordshire, which offers a variety of challenges within one of our high priority clients. You will have experience with various Hardware, Windows, Desktop, Laptop, RAM, imaging machines.
The role includes:
▪ Supporting internal IT functions of client (on/site & remote)
▪ Troubleshoot all on-site issues Hardware/Software at user desk or at IT Department
▪ Network Patching
▪ Support & configuration of meeting rooms/conference rooms e.g. Webcams, TVs, Telephones
▪ Supporting & troubleshooting Wireless Access Points
▪ Printer/Scanner Troubleshooting
▪ Asset Tagging/Tracking (Monthly Report)
▪ At least Weekly Site Visits to one of the other clients’ offices (London/Oxford)
▪ Assist with New User Requests / Laptop builds when required
▪ Troubleshooting when required (Supporting Helpdesk to cover annual leave)
▪ On-Site & Remote Installations
▪ License Management
▪ Documentation – Keep process and procedures up to date Key Responsibilities & Behaviours
Required Applicants for this position should be ambitious with a strong work ethic and excellent client communications. This is a placement position for a high priority client that will see a successful applicant leading the ongoing management & delivery of IT services to this client. As a helpdesk team member, you will be joining a growing and experienced team in supporting a wide variety of technologies.
Please review the list below for the required experience & skills a successful applicant will require to succeed in this role. –
▪ Excellent Client Service in written, telephone and direct communications
▪ Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
▪ Ability to work well under pressure with strict deadlines
▪ Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
▪ Minimum 3 years of IT experience in a corporate or managed service environment
▪ Experience in co-ordinating & presenting in front of management staff
▪ Experience in communicating with all business users throughout the business up to MD/CEO level.
▪ Experience in IT Helpdesk processes, ticketing, and escalations
▪ Excellent organisational skills
▪ Excellent attention to detail
What we offer you Benefits
o 25+ Days Holiday and rising (plus bank holidays)
o Training and progression available
o Flexible working (WFH incentives)
o Private medical cover
o Discounted gym membership
o Epic Christmas Parties
o Car Parking
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.