1st Line Support Engineer
£20-£26k + company bonus
Chipping Norton – 2 days a week from home
25 days holiday – buy 10 back
Our client is a global leader in medical device design and manufacture. For almost 70 years we have been inventing life-enhancing devices that are tested and proven to deliver an industry benchmark in the safety, accuracy, and comfort of medication administration. This strong heritage is the springboard for our future as we help to shape the progress of the healthcare industry by bringing pioneering concepts and solutions to life in an accountable and sustainable way.
The 1st Line Support Engineer is responsible for assisting the IT Service Desk Team Lead in delivering a first-class support service to the networked and roaming associates of the client. Acting primarily in a 1st line support capacity, resolving issues in person, over the phone or via remote connectivity. The role is varied and requires a real team player who can manage their time efficiently and prioritise or escalate technical issues to ensure a prompt closure.
- Daily monitoring of the Incident Management system.
- Constant monitoring of any unclaimed tickets and change requests to ensure timely resolution.
- Provide 1st line technical support to all the clients UK offices.
- Take ownership and respond to all tickets with urgency.
- Escalate more complex tickets when required.
- Assist with the ongoing management of the Hardware Asset Register.
- Ensure Active Directory for Users & Computers management is up to date and in line with departmental process.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven experience in a similar IT support role with end user facing responsibilities, ideally within a regulated environment.
- First line support experience or similar.
- Previous experience of ticket logging systems and remote support tools.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and operating system (Windows Server & Windows 10)
- Personal resilience including skills in working in challenging situations.
- Able to adapt own approach and style to the situation at the time.
What will we give you?
You will be joining a successful, privately owned industry leader who are constantly innovating and looking to improve lives, empower patients and relieve the pressure on healthcare professionals. We invest heavily in our staff and offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to develop within the business:
- Flexi-time (37.5 hours per week).
- 25 days annual leave (with the opportunity to earn loyalty days with length of service).
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 10 days purchased per holiday year).
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies.
- Enhanced Sickness Pay.
- Wellbeing initiatives and support.
- Annual company bonus.
- Free parking, free tea & coffee.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.