IT Business Support
Kidlington, Oxfordshire – (Hybrid role)
£40k – £50K
- Global organisation committed to accelerating an efficient, electric, decarbonised future
- Agile working environment
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme (dependent on results)
- 26 days holiday plus 8 public holidays (9 for 2022)
- Early finish at 3.30pm on a Friday (providing standard 40 hour week is covered)
- Pension: 4% and 8% employers contribution, increases with service after 3 years (increasing to and 10% after 3 years service
- Group Life Assurance: no cost to employee, 4 x salary for designated dependents, top up to max 10 x salary in first 30 days
- Group Income Protection: pays up to 70% salary, up to 5 years
- Health Cash Plan: covering Optical, Dental, Physio/Osteo/Chiro, 24/7 GP plus prescriptions
- Buy and sell holiday options
Employee Assistance Programme: professional advice, counselling, financial, legal
- Private Medical Insurance: free at the basic level – P11D benefit
- TEDS Nursery vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Occupational Health support
- Free on site gym membership including full range of classes
- On site restaurant
- Employee charity support initiative
- Salary sacrifice Electric Car Scheme
- Employee training system
- Complementary fresh fruit
WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
Our Client exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen to join the IT team as IT Business Systems Support in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The purpose of this role is to support and maintain a multitude of applications and software deployed across WAE’s estate in accordance with the management framework owned by the Application Manager.
- Day-to-day user support for a multitude of applications from different vendors used by the business, with a specific focus towards enterprise business systems. Vendors include (but are not limited to) Midland HR, SAP, Atlassian, Salesforce, ServiceNow and many others.
- Take ownership of application related support incidents and resolve them in a timely fashion to ensure the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency are attained.
- Escalate to and work with application vendors and support providers to resolve issues where the IT service are unable to do this internally.
- Support application configurations
- Maintain applications through regular system management and upgrades (as required).
- Ensure licenses are kept up to date and consumption is monitored.
- Deploy new versions of software to end users in conjunction with Operations and Service Delivery teams.
- Work to find application rationalisations & savings where applicable
- Provide user training and materials where applicable.
- Proactively identify upcoming issues related to applications and work with Operations, Infrastructure and Service Delivery teams to resolve them.
- Have an awareness of cyber security best practice and ensure applications are maintained with this in mind at all times.
- Manage and maintain application interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Analyse data from systems and produce technical and business reports for consumption by the IT management team, departmental managers and the SLT.
- Translate complex business requirements into application solutions with the support of technical colleagues, external providers and business stakeholders.
- Assist the IT Management team to ensure IT best practice and business policies are followed by the business.
- Contribute to the IT Service Catalogue
- Work within the ITIL aligned IT management framework as lead by the Head of IT
- Own additional IT Processes as identified/required.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Significant experience in a similar/IT related role – Essential
- Experience working within a Microsoft enterprise environment – Essential
- Experience working within the engineering, automotive or motorsport industries – Desirable
- A degree level education in an IT or related technical discipline (e.g. Engineering) – Desirable
- A team player used to learning new skills & taking on new challenges – Essential
- ITIL Foundation Qualified – Desirable
- A friendly and approachable disposition – Essential
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.