£22k – £25k
Benefits: Access to highly qualified senior engineers who are all Microsoft trained thus affording exceptional career development and advancement opportunities.
- A very autonomous relaxed environment whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it, Potential to Apply for Microsoft Training Vouchers after a Year
- working with a friendly bunch of people who are passionate about IT but also providing a fantastic service! We are passionate about investing in the education of pupils
- SAGE Employee Benefits.
- 2 years death in salary
- 3% pension contribution
- Sage benefits scheme (discounts)
- MS Vouchers 3 month after probation – progression plan
- 25 days holiday, 5 days for Xmas and get it all off. BH just given. Holiday at holiday
Our client is looking for a IT Engineer based on a client site to work as part of our managed service team.
ICT Support Service on-site
- Under the guidance of the Network Manager: Provide specialist ICT support that ensures the school/centre establishes and maintains high quality learning facilities.
- Use specialist skills/training/experience to support school/centre’s staff & pupils ICT requirements.
- Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
- Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance as required to School/Centre.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
- Implement agreed work programmes/practices under the guidance of Senior Staff.
- Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To be aware of the school/centre’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1984 for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all administrative and financial processes comply with this.
- Connect up and check hardware for normal operation.
- Set up a suitable desktop environment for users of a standalone or networked PC.
- Install simple software applications as required.
- Perform basic set up and checking of networked PCs.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks for user accounts.
- Use simple utilities to change information on the intranet.
- Follow instructions to run basic network monitoring reports or utilities
- Follow an acceptance test procedure on new ICT equipment and report results appropriately.
- Update records of installed hardware and software.
- Maintain a software library and store original copies of installed applications.
- Transfer and transportation of IT Equipment to required areas or rooms within the site.
- Follow processes and tasks described in school’s disaster recovery and maintenance plans.
- Follow instructions to implement school backup and virus protection procedures.
- Record requests accurately in a support log. Retrieve details of previous requests if an enquiry is made.
- Investigate a request for support, record diagnostic information and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level.
- Record the time spent on tasks and compare to expectation/allocation as appropriate.
- Actively monitor school, LEA/LA and legal responsibilities.
- Develop relevant H&S procedures and ensure that all ICT users follow appropriate practice.
- Ability to self-regulate
- Any other tasks that the Technical Management Team, or the Company Directors feel are appropriate
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.