IT Support Technician
£25k – £35k – plus benefits
JOB TITLE IT First-Line Support Technician
To provide first-line support with an emphasis on the ERP System.
- To be the first contact in providing support to Sage Enterprise Management (X3)
- To provide internal technical support assisting and answering IT support queries in person and via phone and email
- To maintain a high degree of service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues
- To prioritise work via the IT helpdesk system
- To respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any software or hardware problems
- To support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- To escalate more complex issues to the relevant person
- To update and maintain the JSP asset register
- To follow relevant procedures when dealing with potential security risks to the company
- To keep the company directory up to date
- To manage all new users, including account creation, software and hardware set up
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Have experience in supporting an ERP solution
- It will be an advantage to have knowledge of Sage Enterprise Management (X3) but not essential
- Have a pleasant and friendly style (Smile)
- Work accurately and with an eye for detail
- Absorb training and instructions to work independently
- Be a team player
- Be able to cope with pressure in a fast-paced company environment
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.