Job Title – Out of Hours IT Technician
Location – Derby
Salary – £20k-£26k
Working hours – 5:30pm – 1:30am
About our client
They have established our principles and culture over the last 37+ years. Our principles have enabled us to develop a team who work efficiently, are ambitious, motivated, and friendly, creating a positive culture and environment within and outside of the office. We always ensure working with or for the client is a positive experience for our staff, partners, and clients.
We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our Out of Hours team who will be responsible for the delivery and co-ordination of IT services, ensuring high quality service with a consistent and professional approach. The successful candidate will provide an outstanding service to our customers and build a great relationship with international customers and partners and assist on service requests. As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to work with global companies and in return we will offer excellent development opportunities.
About the Role & Responsibilities:
- Answer client requests via telephone and email
- Log service desk tickets, ensure all information is correctly captured, assign the correct priority and status to the ticket
- Update service desk tickets with accurate time entries and notes
- Log support tasks
- Liaise with external support companies and suppliers
- Ensure tasks are progressed through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Proactively keep customers and team members informed of progress
- Out of Hours cover (nights, weekends, bank holidays)
Technical Experience / Requirements:
- 1st and 2nd Level Line Support
- Desktop support on Microsoft Windows & Office application stack
- Basic AD & Exchange including O365 for progressing new starter & leaver request, security permission changes
- Basic Windows Server OS knowledge
- Basic Networking knowledge, understanding DHCP, DNS and IP Configuration
- Understanding backup job reports and carry our basic troubleshooting
- Previous customer service skills
- Good problem-solving skills and analytical and diagnostic skills for problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to prioritise tasks and projects
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self -motivated person
- Able to understand and follow standard documented processes
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.