Position; European IT Manager
Location; Greater Reading
About the role;
Our client is looking for self-motivated professional who thrives in dynamic environments. Joining the team means you will work in a high performing global company where employees collaborate and strive to deliver the ultimate experience for the customers.
- Manage the day to day operations of the IT Systems, Infrastructure and IT Team relating to the European business, including both main and regional facilities
- Lead & ensure compliance with the Global Cyber Security policies for the European organization
- Identify and produce new IT Policies or Procedures where required
- Assist with the resolution of security incidents in-line with documented Incident Response procedures and update where necessary
- Maximise availability of computer systems and networks throughout the European Organization
- Assist with the technical Microsoft Outlook 365, Active Directory and SharePoint Administration within the European Business
- Manage, plan and implement IT projects and act as the technical liaison for other departmental projects
- Drive continuous improvement of systems, policies and processes for the European IT organisation
- Oversee and drive the use of the IT Ticket System
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with external IT suppliers and service vendors
- Keep abreast of technology developments and attend relevant training and seminars
- Assess and advise of opportunities for technology improvements that would increase business efficiency or reduce costs
- Help control IT costs and improve efficiency of IT systems within Europe.
- Recruitment, management, training and motivation of IT staff within Europe
- Produce and collate reports for upper management as required
- Arrange, attend and contribute to monthly management and team meetings
- Manage the European Disaster Recovery plans and perform tests to ensure readiness and effectiveness
- Ensure continuity of mission critical systems and data via Backup processes and other methods
- Manage, update and review the Risk Governance process for the European business and implement appropriate controls
- Performing structured training for end users
- Ensure that all regional documentation and procedures are included in systems and are adhered to
- Deputise for the Global IT Manager where required
- Some national and international travel required
- Strong communicator. Able to clearly and effectively interact with all levels of the business
- Excellent technical knowledge and fault-finding skills. Able to improvise and overcome unexpected problems where they occur.
- Organised, self-starter capable of operating with minimal supervision
- Customer service driven. Focused on providing the best support experience for internal customers
- 8 years’ experience in an IT role with 2 years in a management position
- Project management/Change implementation skills a benefit
- Keen interest in IT industry and new technology developments
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.