Role: IT Manager
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000
Benefits: include salary sacrifice pension scheme, benefits & wellbeing Hub including electric/hybrid car leasing scheme, cycle & ebike scheme, eye care voucher scheme, employee assistance programme, employee recognition platform and online retail discounts scheme.
Our client is current seeking an IT Manager who is motivated and enthusiastic about technology i. The ideal candidate should have a natural flair for technology, a strong willingness to learn and a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers.
As the IT Manager, you will be accountable for overseeing the management, installation, maintenance, availability and security of the curriculum and administrative ICT network, including the hardware and software infrastructure of the school’s ICT network. You will also collaborate with the Senior Management team to aid in the development of the school’s IT infrastructure and put in plans for projects. Your role will be pivotal in ensuring the schools ICT network is optimised for effective teaching and learning while ensuring its security and stability.
Your commitment to delivering support service in a manner that reflects our company values is crucial. As part of your role, you will be responsible for fostering effective communication between your school and this will involve staying informed about the services and solutions turn IT on can offer, as well as managing customer accounts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the school’s network infrastructure and ICT based applications
- Monitoring and maintenance of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments, Microsoft 365 and backups.
- Providing technical advice, training and support to staff to enable them to make effective use of systems.
- Day to day management of all IT operations ensuring all requests are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Monitoring and maintaining of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments and backups.
- Line manage and take responsibility for the work of the ICT support staff.
- 2nd/3rd line support.
- Enforcing and monitoring in line with school policies.
- Training of internal staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A strong passion for IT, with at least of 2-3 years of experience working as an IT Manager/Network Manager/Senior ICT Consultant within a school setting.
- An exceptional understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of working within the school environment.
- Experience in upgrading a school IT Network system.
- Self-motivation, with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as exceptional customer service skills.
- The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team, with a talent for problem-solving and a pro-active approach to identifying opportunities to enhance the services provided by the team.
The role is offered on a full year, full-time basis and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.