IT MES Project Manager – Contract role (outside IR35)
Hybrid – Office Oxfordshire – Grove, Banbury & Kidlington
£400 – £450 per day (Outside of IR35)
Exp needed – MES(Siemens Opcenter)
Top of Form
This is a very exciting contract role working for a rapidly growing business working in an advanced technical market place. You will be Project Managing the IT Implementation of the MES
Our Client exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our their clients. They do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. They are looking for us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen to Project Manager – MES Implementation to join IT Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The purpose of this role is to manage and deliver the implementation of the new Manufacturing Execution System for the Manufacturing facility.
- Setup of the MES working group to deliver new MES (Siemens Opcenter) enterprise for Banbury Facility
- Work with the Banbury manufacturing facility team to identify & define the system requirements to deliver Banbury Facility Gamma Phase
- Produce and maintain a project delivery plan for MES including required resource (internal and external), budget and the identification of key dependencies leading to the production of a critical path delivery plan.
- Act as a point of escalation for project issues
- Manage MES implementation budget provide forecasts & track actual spend.
- Work with IT colleagues, business stakeholders and 3rd party providers to deliver system integrations to support the end-to-end system value chain as defined by the business.
- Project manage colleagues from IT, manufacturing, finance, procurement, logistics and other SMEs to identify, configure and deploy the MES system in readiness for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) milestones.
- Provide regular updates and reports/dashboards for the IT management team, departmental managers and SLT as required.
- Maintain project documentation including project risk register, resource plan, project schedule and critical path.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Experience in a similar role – Essential.
- Experience with Siemens Opcenter – Essential
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful MES implementation projects in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working in an IT team/department or similar – Essential.
- Relevant project management qualification (Agile Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner / or similar)
- Demonstrable experience engaging with stakeholders on all levels of a business, internal and external – Essential.
- Experience working within the engineering and/or motorsport industry – Desirable.
- A team player used to learning new skills & taking on new challenges – Essential.
- ITIL Foundation Qualified – Desirable.
- A friendly and approachable disposition – Essential.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Planet Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.