IT Network Manager
Key job purpose
The Network Manager has overall management and operational responsibility for the school’s IT network systems.
Areas of responsibility Desktop & Application and Support:
- Performing advanced diagnosis procedures on problems related to hardware. Peripherals and applications.
- Following instructions to efficiently and effectively install and upgrade client/server applications.
- Identifying and installing relevant and essential software patches.
- Identifying and giving appropriate advice on compatibility of applications with existing systems, based on user requirements.
- Giving appropriate level of advice on compatibility of hardware and OS.
Server & Network Support:
- Designing and installing network infrastructure to meet the needs of supported schools.
- Managing, installing, and setting basic configuration options for equipment such as switches, bridges, routers, and wireless access points.
- Installing additional servers and upgrading the network operating system.
- Set up firewalls and maintain internet filter systems.
- Manage remote access to the school’s intranet and network services.
- Installing software and trouble-shooting installation problems.
- Maintaining hardware and software on the server.
- Managing network access rights.
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate systems logs.
Configuration & Installation:
- Designing and applying processes that are relevant to the school environment and report on the effectiveness and impact of the processes.
- Design, implement and monitor the school procedures on receiving and testing ICT equipment.
- Managing the collection of appropriate access to, and storage of data. Website Management.
Line manage the IT Network Technician to:
- Create, develop, and manage content for the school’s web presence.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies.
- Assure all web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Track and report on all site metrics.
- Liaise with website design team to resolve any website problems.
- Be available to upload content remotely.
Continuity, Maintenance & Security:
- Maintain and regularly review whole-school system contingency plans.
- Developing and implementing a maintenance schedule.
- Identifying failing systems and suggesting solutions.
- Designing and implementing the school backup and virus protection.
- Ensuring school policy on staff and pupil access to data and files is implemented.
- Implement, appropriate security systems to protect hardware, data, and confidential information.
Support Request Management:
- Interpreting detailed diagnostic information.
- Prioritising the resolution of problems and determining whether external support is required.
- Producing and analysing separate incident and problem reports for management purposes.
- Producing reports from support logs to provide basic management information on the volume and nature of requests.
- Analysing the support logs to produce management reports and help plan future support service developments.
- Allocating tasks between support staff in line with service demands.
- Advising leadership team on area of CPD, based on support log analysis.
- Creating and maintaining e-mail and MIS accounts including liaising with Google Support.
Internal Support & Arrangements:
- Assisting and recommending to the school managers internal and external support arrangements and contracts required to deliver an effective ICT service in the school.
- Report and monitor progress against agreed service levels (both internal and external).
- Collating data to inform a review process of the standards achieved by internal support staff.
Strategy & Planning:
- Identifying software, hardware and working practices to enable the development of ICT to support improvements in teaching and learning.
- Planning and implementing changes to elements of the ICT service.
Budget & People Management:
- Supporting the effective implementation of the school’s financial and accounting procedures.
- Management of the annual IT budget.
- Carrying out the effective supervision of the IT Network Technician.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.