Role: IT Officer
Main purpose of job:
The IT Officer will primarily be responsible for delivering 1st line support to all College users and guests, for all local and University provided services. The post holder will also aid the local department manager with a broad range of tasks including taking part in College/group projects and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Assist the IT Manager as required to maintain, develop, support and document all of the College’s IT infrastructure and equipment, including security and related issues.
- Provide cover for the IT Manager during his/her absence, as agreed from time to time.
- Support all valid users, including equipment procurement, maintenance, repair, training and advice.
- Maintenance, updating, support and development of College IT infrastructure, including related documentation.
- Update system databases from time to time as requested.
Front line support
- Provide support to students in connecting their personal equipment to the College/University network.
- Provide support to academics in connecting personal and department-provided equipment to the College/University network.
- Provide first line support to students and academics in using University IT facilities.
- Provide support to associated College Centres according to service level descriptions.
- Respond to security and copyright issues arising from use of the network; help with remediation of supported user devices.
- Provide full desktop support and management for users with managed devices.
- Provide support to conference guests as agreed with the IT Manager.
- Deploy and manage desktop computers, operating systems and applications.
- Deploy VoIP phones for users as directed by the IT Manager.
- Arrange for the sale and collection of old equipment.
- Work under the guidance of the IT Manager on local and cross-College projects, using an ever-improving set of specialist skills.
- Engage in relevant training and self-improvement, developing specialist skills and knowledge.
- Provide support to other Colleges within the group as directed by the IT Manager.
- Provide AV support for facilities within the College as deemed necessary by the IT Manager.
- Since this is an appointment within a field characterised by continual change, the duties will require ongoing review and adaptation.
- Other duties as directed by the IT Manager or Head of IT.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.