Job Title – IT Operations Manager
Salary – £40-£50k
Location – Abingdon – 3 days a week in the office
Our client are manufacturers of both domestic and professional products, our client strives to produce the highest quality products possible, keeping to the company motto “Immer Besser”. Translated as “Forever Better”, this motto has been in place right from the very beginning, paying tribute to the long-lasting appliances and values of the company.
Purpose of the role
- To build and maximise the IT team performance, improving strengths of individuals to ensure a first-class experience for our customers and employees.
- Responsible for improving the technical skills, developing the team to meet challenges and function as a high performing unit. Delighting the customer, delivering Immer Besser.
- To develop and execute a roadmap in line with the needs of the organisation, internal customers and the policies and strategy of head office and regional IT.
- Support and manage IT and technical systems, maintaining relationships between the internal customers and vendors to ensure timely and accurate changes and delivery of support.
- Support IT technology, fully understanding topology and administration
- Support Telecoms systems to a 2nd level, working closely with internal customer and support.
- On call element required on occasion
Impact on performance
- Deliver a focused, prioritised IT service to the business in line with customer requirements
- Make IT a business partner for internal customers
- Provide IT employees with a proactive, high-quality management and development
- Strengthen the relationship with GT IT and the Regional IT team to utilise that relationship to improve performance
- Provide IT service in a proactive, anticipatory manner, based on a deep understanding of customers’ business needs. When required provide major incident management.
- Provide management information to the Regional Information Director to improve the service
- Day to day support of systems as necessary & significant knowledge of critical systems – ie those systems which are customer facing.
- Knowledge transfer to support teams to better manage systems through coaching and mentoring.
- Consultation with all departments to ensure optimum use of systems, understanding needs and recommending improvements through regular meetings
- Managing change appropriately – either internally or via external support
- Assisting with the testing of software during release updates
- Responsible for the Data protection and security of IT systems and processing of personal data within VG reporting to IT Regional Director or VG Managing Director as required.
- Manage the processes, training, and peers to ensure all departments adhere to GDPR.
- Plan to support the strategy, which:
- Meets the needs and priorities of customers
- Are compatible with Head Office & regional IT strategy and policy
- Propose developments to deliver the strategy which are scalable and future-proofed
- Plan and conduct Performance Development Reviews for IT reports, setting high standards and acting accordingly should these standards exceed or fall below expectations.
- Determine and implement improvements to the teams technical and customer service capability in line with the business needs and department vision.
- Monitor customer satisfaction levels, report on a monthly basis. Develop and implement improvements should they be required.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of IT staff training procedures and policies to improve capabilities
- Ensure IT team recognize, understand, and deliver a first-class service
- Conduct regular meetings with peers to continuously improve departmental needs.
- Ensure seamless teamwork between application development and infrastructure teams
- Develop a strategy for IT in alignment with the RID to meet stakeholder needs
- Ensure IT resource is proactively deployed in line with agreed priorities for the business and the Global IT Team
- Maintain the Bee4IT system with regards to resource, spend and projects.
- Conduct Project Management as and where necessary to support IT projects within the VG and Global IT
- Provide effective, reliable IT infrastructure with appropriate safeguards and redundancy, considering sustainability and environmental in all we do.
- Develop detailed plans, budgets and forecasts ensuring they deliver against strategic priorities
- Manage IT expenditure effectively and ensure spend is in line with budget
- Responsible for IT assets across the business to ensure fit for purpose and tracker
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.