IT Project Manager
£38,000 – £45,000 FTE
Witney or Princes Risborough
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated IT Project Manager to join the technical team based at either the Witney or Princes Risborough office.
As IT Project Manager, you are responsible for the planning and execution of projects to our client’s schools. You will be expected to deliver projects across Schools, Academies, and Multi-Academy Trusts. This will include acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of Regional Team Managers, ICT Consultants, and Contractors to deliver projects to an agreed plan.
You will be a motivated and self-directed individual, with excellent inter-personal skills and breadth of knowledge. The role requires exceptional organisational skills, and you will need to understand and create complex schedules of work and manage project processes and procedures. You will be a positive and proactive communicator both internally and externally.
This role is a full-time role primarily based in at either our offices in Princes Risborough or Witney, but with options for flexible working. The role will also require some travel around the South of England to our offices and schools.
- Ensuring the successful planning, implementation, and delivery of all projects from conception to completion.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, cost matrixes and presentations to schools and other team members when requested.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with school contacts, Team Managers, and Consultants.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope.
- Working with the Development & Vision Team to ensure a clear vision of technical solutions and a clear development path of these solutions which are well communicated across the company
- Work with the Head of Operations to continually develop and improve our project management processes, systems and documentation
- Act as the face of the client when attending meetings with schools and contractors.
- Translate technical solutions to succinct, simple messages to school contacts.
- Collaborate with Team Managers on creating resource plans for delivery of projects.
- Chasing and monitoring projects and ensuring projects goals and milestones are achieved.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend any changes where required
- Experience of delivering projects into the education industry, particularly schools and multi-academy trusts.
- The ability to multi-task with several ongoing projects at any one time.
- Educated to degree-level or similar
- Strong understanding of relevant legal, regulatory, compliance and business environment
- Technically minded with an ability to translate technical issues into simple solutions.
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of business strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, being able to think outside the box to find resolutions
- Able to interpret complex documentation and communicate findings verbally and in written documents
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working either in a team or independently
- Have an eye for detail.
The role is offered on a full-time basis and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to drive and have your own vehicle.
In return, we are offering a salary of between £38,000 – £45,000 FTE depending on experience, benefits include pension scheme, electric/hybrid car scheme, cycle scheme, eye care voucher scheme, mental health first aid, employee assistance programme and Employee Recognition scheme.
Our client provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 1,000 schools across the Southeast of England. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
Our client is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected, and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.