Position; IT Account Manager
Salary; £35,000 – £45,000 per annum + uncapped commission
About the role;
Planet Recruitment are proud to be working with a fast-growing organisation based in the Abingdon area who are looking for an IT Account Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing existing accounts along with working closely with other customers and vendors to up-sell or retain business. Ideally you will have a background across IT Sales, working with vendors/customers or worked with an IT re-seller / MSP.
- Work alongside our existing Licensing Manager being responsible for actively engaging with existing clients in pursuit of continued renewal of software, maintenance, and cloud contracts.
- Discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth.
- Build relationships to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction and ability to negotiate with existing customers/vendors on license subscriptions that come up for renewal.
- Identifies and responds to customer, ensure the accuracy and timely submission of renewal quotes/reminders.
- Ensure systems are maintained and updated with up-to-date customer information.
- Have a thorough understanding of products, pricing, and the competition.
- Provide consultative guidance on best practices for software adoption, advising on product capabilities and potential application to customer’s unique business requirements.
- You will manage the full sales cycle from initial quoting to the close of business into existing accounts.
- Maintain working relationships with suppliers, negotiating costs as require.
- Responsible for maintenance of margins to hit monthly and quarterly GP targets.
- Experience from a Reseller would be highly preferred but not essential.
- Experience of selling Microsoft, Sophos, or any other software security vendors preferred but again not essential.
- Strong customer service led skills and strong communication.
- Conscientious and empathetic
- A problem-solving mentality
- Target Driven, ambitious and hungry to earn a substantial salary.
- An interest in IT and technology
- A positive and self-motivated approach
Didcot, Abingdon, Harwell, Wantage, Wallingford, Oxford, Reading, Banbury, Bicester
IT Sales, Licensing, Account Manager, Vendor, Microsoft
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.