ob Title: Service delivery Manager
Location: Slough/Northamptonshire/Oxfordshire/ Hybrid Working
To be the primary manager and escalation point for service delivery for education customer sites, working closely with all onsite service engineer teams and account managers to meet customer requirements efficiently and strive to resolve customer issues by delivering the right solutions first time, on time, every time.
Problem ownership with clear, concise customer communication whilst managing expectations by that in person, over the phone or via remote connectivity.
To manage the education site leads ensuring support tickets are responded to within agreed customer SLA’s and teams are mentored and developed.
- Primary escalation point for education site leads
- Responsible for direct management of onsite education Team Leads and Network Managers including; identification of skills gaps, creation of skills matricies, development and implementation of training programme at both individual and team level, tangible reporting to show a service improvement link between programme and individual performance
- Responsible for performance management of a team, regular score check-in’s, regular performance reviews both at individual and team level, highlighting areas for improved achievement, as well as introducing performance development plans and where necessary managing disciplinary reviews, reviews including performance grading and salary recommendations
- Owning and developing the knowledge base for the teams and support customer base ensuring that the knowledge is documented and shared
- Primary technical support advisory to the service manager on all service related incidents and problems
- Primary responsibility for taking over major impacting service incidents, owning the investigation, diagnosis, identified of root cause and rollout of mitigating actions to permanently fix the underlying issue
- Be responsible for identifying opportunities within customer sites to work with relevant stakeholders to remove underlying issues affecting user experience, owning and following through to completion the rollout of any permanent fix
- Keeping accurate records and site documentation
- Keeping accurate time entries on ConnectWise
- Provide level 2 server, network and desktop technical support, diagnosing customer issues and providing a high level of first time fix
- Incident and problem management – taking over from 1st or 2nd line engineers where escalation is required
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incident and problems highlighting and escalating concerns over delivery to agreed customer SLA’s
- Responsible for achieving agreed service levels at both team and individual level
- Responsible for ensuring that all tickets within the team are analysed for urgency and impact and then prioritized and allocated accordingly and in line with agreed service levels
Skills and Experience:
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
· Methodical approach suitable to resolution of problems / issues
· Able to manage changing workload and priorities
· Able to work both within a team and using own initiative
· Intermediate level of knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
· A proven passion for ICT and all things technology
· Use of ConnectWise software platform
· Install, configure, trouble shoot issue, using:
· All MS Windows desktop platforms
· All MS Office desktop applications
· Apple mobile technologies
· Android & Windows mobile technologies
· Note: one at least to an accredited standard
· Install,configure,troubleshoot issues using:
· All MS Exchange platforms
· Note : one at least to an accredited standard
· NAS & Storage Technologies
· PC/Server Hardware Upgrade, both hardware and firmware,RAID configurations,iLO
· Active Directory
· Group Polices
· Office 365
· Hyper V / VM Ware – basic skills
· Share point
· Audio Visual
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.