Role – Lead Business Intelligence Engineer
Salary – £40k-£50k
Hybrid working – Chipping Norton
Our client is one of if not the leaders in Medical Device Manufacturing & Drug Discovery across the globe, who due to continued growth are looking to grow their team and bring in a Lead BI engineer.
The prime responsibility of the Lead Business Intelligence Engineer is to provide full technical support for our Manufacturing Data Systems (MDS). Ensuring they meet our requirements and those of our customers.
- Ownership of the Mattec system
- Creation of data resource dashboard
- Data architect for all operations-based network and data paths.
- Engineering point of contact for any MDS related technical issues.
- Front end data analysis portals
- Resolve data transfer issues and perform fault diagnosis of data capture software systems (Mattec & QC-Calc)
- System hardware fault diagnosis
- Liaise/facilitate Mattec Engineering support (service contract)
- Liase with ICT for any IT related issues (network infrastructure, servers)
- Provide housekeeping on SQL Server Database (data correction and resend)
- Configuration of Mattec/QC-Calc systems to suit tool moves/additions, component dimension changes, up-versions etc.
- Develop a Ci program to centralise all MDS
- To write additional queries to summarise captured data and improve data availability and its quality for others to use.
- Ensure change control / validation procedures are adhered to for any changes related to MDS
- Oversee and undertake training and development of shift maintenance engineers to achieve agreed personal objectives.
- To comply diligently with all administrative and procedural requirements of the role, always ensuring full compliance with all regulatory guidelines and company Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s).
- To provide an out-of-hours contact when to cover emergency requirements.
- When required to participate in plant shutdowns for maintenance and to assist with shutdown works. This work usually occurs during the Christmas New Year period but can occur at other times
- Ensuring maintenance housekeeping and cleanliness standards are always met
- To ensure Health and Safety Policies and Environmental Policies are being always adhered to.
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professional and courteous manner, and maintain a good appearance acceptable to our customers and management
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to confidently deal with people of all levels
- Able to diagnose and repair equipment issues
- Strong technical knowledge of data capture systems, preferably Mattec and QC-Calc
- Technical working knowledge of SQL Server Databases
- Validation, GAMP5, 21 CFR Part 11.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels
- Microsoft Certified solutions associates (MCSA) SQL 2008 or higher
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship
- HNC or higher qualification in related subject
What will we give you?
You will be joining a successful, privately owned industry leader who are constantly innovating and looking to improve lives, empower patients and relieve the pressure on healthcare professionals. We invest heavily in our staff and offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to develop within the business:
- Remote Working
- Flexi Time
- 25 days annual leave (with the opportunity to earn loyalty days with length of service)
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 10 days purchased per holiday year)
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
- Enhanced Sickness Pay
- Group Life Insurance
- Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Annual company bonus
- Free parking, free tea & coffee, free fruit
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.