We are proud to be working alongside who are dedicated to delivering innovation and service excellence by investing in; design, build and fulfilment of our Customers Products
To further enhance the business roadmap, the Mechanical Engineer will be required to undertake both product and process development activities on a number of components related to automotive electric vehicle power modules.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry with a strong product and process development bias ideally within the packaging/semi-conductor processes.
- Qualified to HND level or equivalent as a minimum in mechanical, electrical or production engineering
- Experienced in the assembly techniques of bare die onto AMB / DBC Substrates and pressure/pressureless silver sintering technologies (highly desirable and advantageous).
- Strong experience of planning and prioritising workloads, including identifying critical paths
- Experienced in the use of Design of Experiment (DoE) practice.
- Experienced in the use of D/PFMEA practices including defining and applying CC and SCs.
- Sound knowledge of creating 3D solid models and detailing 2D drawings (Solidworks preferred), including responsibility for checking and approving drawings from junior engineers.
- Knowledge, experience and use of advanced measurement and analysis methods.
- Demonstrable use of problems solving and improvement techniques (DMAIC, 5W, Ishikawa).
- Knowledge and experience of the automotive APQP process steps required.
- To grow personal and group knowledge on EV Power Module designs, attributes and capability
- To support the Engineering Team in new designs:
- Use of time planning practices to set and monitor tasks across the workstream landscape
- Conduct Design for Manufacture studies, including presentations and customer feedback
- Lead manufacturing process development and optimisations
- Use of FMEA practice to ensure design robustness
- Component optimisation through design, material or manufacturing studies
- Generate internal 3D models and 2D drawing
- Working with purchasing to identify and validate new supplier capability
- Create, own and manage the delivery of Design Verification Plans in line with Customer requirements
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (holiday year runs 1st April to 31st March)
- Pension – 3% employer contribution and 5% minimum employee contribution
- Life assurance – 4x annual salary
- Bonus scheme – 5% of profit before tax shared equally between all employees, paid on a bi-annual basis
- Perkbox membership (auto enrolment)
Andover, Basingstoke, Marlborough, Salisbury, Reading, Winchester, Southampton, Guildford, Slough
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Dylan Lallier on 01865 257 455
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.