45k – 52k
Abingdon – Hybrid
- Supporting and managing the helpdesk team
- Delivering IT helpdesk projects
- Supporting the infrastructure and project teams
- Ensuring that all processes are being adhered to
- Providing support to our customers
- Monitor and maintain desktop/laptop systems
- Helping drive the team forward with improvements to processes and technologies
- Creating and implementing new processes or procedures to optimise efficiency and/or compliance
- Handling escalations/following up feedback and pushing to resolution
- Ensuring the department has key skills and competencies to facilitate the required delivery and growth
- Weekly meeting with reporting members
- Ensuring that all SLAs and KPI’s are being achieved within the helpdesk team
- Proactively identify areas for improvement/efficiency gain and pre-empt potential issues to reduce requests/incidents
- Ensuring all Service Desk processes are thoroughly documented, audited, and regularly reviewed
- Generating regular reports for senior management that showcase helpdesk performance and key metrics
- Reducing business impact/downtime with preventative measure/improvements
- Owning and managing the escalation process and support required for the Support team
Manage high priority incidents with appropriate incident management practices
- Embed and maintain an awareness of other ITIL disciplines and the role the Service Desk play in supporting them (i.e. problem, change and knowledge management)
- Weekly meeting with Head of Managed Services
- Managing the client expectations/managing communications between the IT engineers and clients
- Communicate daily to clients with open tickets
- Logging, managing and resolving client IT issues
- Contribute to ongoing internal training programs
- Keep up to date with developments of Planet IT’s portfolio of products and with wider technology trends
- Interacting, Supporting and presenting to new and current IT Service clients
- Supporting the delivery of the existing client’s projects.
- Working with Technical Account manager to ensure that all audits and road maps are being updated on all current and new support clients.
- Supporting the Technical Account managers
- Working with and managing our clients 3rd parties
- Maintain desktop asset register and configurations
- Providing support to our clients
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
· Strong communication and management skills
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
· Experience with system and process implementation on scale
· Excellent client service
· Positive attitude to work
· Strive for continuous improvement
· Ability to work independently under pressure
· Proven management experience
· Strong negotiation skills
· Proficient decision maker
· Managing a team operating in; Office 365, EntraID, Intune, Remote monitoring and management tools, Windows desktop, remote desktop environments, anti-virus, networking and firewalls
· Minimum of 5 years’ IT experience in a corporate or services environment
· Strong commercial awareness
· Driving license and own transport essential
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.