Network & Cloud Services Manager
£36k – £40k plus Benefits
The Network & Cloud Services Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance and development of the school’s network infrastructure including the edge switching and core wired environment, wireless network provision, firewall and filtering services, all network cabling and external connectivity. Coupled with this is the responsibility for looking after the cloud services of the school in conjunction with the IT Operations Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide day to day support and management of the network infrastructure including (but not limited to):
o Edge switch hardware and configuration
o Core switch hardware and configuration
o Router hardware and configuration
o Fibre cabling
o Copper cabling (Cat 5e/6)
o Remote access solutions
o External network and configuration
o Telephony hardware and configuration
o Firewall and filtering hardware and configuration
- To ensure the security and stability of the network infrastructure eliminating unplanned downtime or service disruptions through the development of fault tolerant and resilient solutions including a patching and updating schedule for all network devices
- To assist in the development of IT systems continuity planning and implementation in support of the business continuity plans
- To assist in the development of a disaster recovery plan for the network infrastructure and other IT services and when required, to be responsible for the implementation of the plan for the network infrastructure
- To regularly monitor the performance and security of the network infrastructure to ensure it is meeting the needs of IT service users and report issues as necessary
- To manage the external network connectivity ensuring capacity is monitored, issues are reported and measures taken to ensure that service disruptions are eliminated
- To develop and maintain accurate network configuration and management documentation.
- To manage the school’s IP address allocations and maintain accurate records
- To assist with wider IT department project implementation as required
- To keep up to date with professional knowledge and training and to ensure that they have sufficient knowledge of, and training in, the systems (network, systems and storage infrastructure and applications) to undertake their duties as part of the on-call emergency rota
- To ensure that the network infrastructure is sufficiently scalable and flexible to meet the evolving needs of the business and to assist colleagues in the design and implementation of new IT systems and services
- To manage the cloud licencing platforms and applications
- To design, configure, implement and maintain the schools cloud services portfolio
- To keep on top of developing cloud tools and school requirements and manage end user expectations of services provided
- Act as technical led of cloud service projects as and when required
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of cloud services solutions available and emerging and how they can benefit the school
- Work actively and collaboratively with all stakeholders to deliver fully operational and sustainable solutions.
- To assist other members of the team during periods of heavy workload or staff absence
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the IT Operations Manager or IT Director.
People Management Responsibilities
Hours of Work
A flexible attitude is required regarding hours of work to meet the demands of the position. Basic hours are:
- 30 to 17.00 Monday to Friday during term time including unpaid lunch break
- 00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday outside of term time including unpaid lunch break
In addition, the post holder will be included in the on-call rota providing out of hours remote or onsite support in emergencies. They will also be required to provide remote or on-site support for the publication of GCSE and A-Level results both on the release and pre-release days from 6am.
Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, plus bank holidays (although please note that bank holidays which occur during term time may well be working days, for which time off in lieu will be given). The holiday year runs from 1st September to 31st August. As the school closes completely over Christmas/New Year, staff are required to take 5 days of their holiday entitlement to cover this period.
We would like the successful applicant to start as soon as possible.
The salary payable will be between £32,000 to £40,000 per annum, in line with experience.
The role is eligible for membership of the school’s pension scheme for non-teaching staff.
The appointment is subject to a probationary period of three months.
After one year’s service has been completed, annual entitlement to sickness benefit will be six weeks at full salary plus a further six weeks at half salary. During the first year of employment, sickness benefit will be payable at full salary for one month.
Confidentiality and data protection
A strict code of confidentiality must be adhered to at all times.
Our Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we aim to create and maintain a safe environment for our pupils, where they feel respected and supported. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to become familiar with our policies and procedures for child protection and security. It is a requirement of the Children Act and Care Standards Regulations that all employees of the school must undergo full recruitment checks, including references from previous employers, a health requirement and an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Free lunches are available during times when the kitchens are in operation. Following successful completion of their probationary period, staff may use the Oxfordshire Health & Racquets Club (which is situated on the school site) although this is not a contractual entitlement.
Health and safety
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 all staff must take reasonable care of their own health and safety and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions at work and must comply with the school in its understanding of any relevant statutory provision. Staff must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare in pursuance of any of the statutory provisions.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.