Network Engineer – 2nd/3rd line IT Support
Milton Park, Abingdon
Our client are looking for an all-rounder who has a comprehensive knowledge of IP, with years of experience with on-premise Windows Server networks, and on-premise Exchange Servers, Active Directory & Group Policy. SQL knowledge would be a plus, as would Azure or other cloud services. General Experience with Windows 10 / Office 365 Desktop environments.
Standard IP knowledge of internal & external IP address range types is expected, along with basic subnetting & routing. We would expect that you have experience of dealing with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc. Cisco experience would be a plus.
The ability to inspire confidence in clients, meet deadlines, and be responsible for the dayto-day support requirements of the clients and the network. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must, with documentation of activities in our Issue Management System.
* To ensure our network is managed and maintained
* To collaborate with clients and suppliers to resolve issues and project manage all projects
* To ensure all changes to the network are documented through our Change Management Process in line with ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
* To contribute to the improvement of processes and be a key member of the team in bringing new technology to the company and our customers through research and deployment
* Troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating to all parties
* 2nd/ 3rd line support to staff and customers
* Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers and admin staff. Supporting the design, implementation of the business and network alongside the Technical Director.
* Occasional out of hours work required
* Driving licence required – Company vehicle for site visits.
You will be need to demonstrate the relevant criteria whilst also bringing your own passion and ideas to the Company Directors and clients alike. Some of the key skills you will possess but are not limited to:
* 2 years proven experience in project management of IT with a desire to take ownership of all projects.
* 2 years proven experience in Networking.
* Proven experience in 2nd/3rd line support in a client facing environment.
* In-depth troubleshooting of Networks.
* Knowledge of multiple network technologies (subnetting and routing, IP, Ethernet, Switching, VPN and Firewalls etc..)
* Cisco experience an advantage.
* You will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to work under pressure.
* Company Pension
* Bike to work scheme
* On-site parking
* 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Birthdays off and Xmas shopping day
* Annual and Quarterly employee recognition awards – with prizes
* Bonuses reviewed annually We also have company food days and social events. Being based on Milton Park means you can get involved in the events, clubs and classes available in the workplace. Job Type: Full-time, Permanent – (probationary period 6months) Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience.
Working Hours: *
Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm and Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm Please send your CV and cover letter to be considered for the role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Salary: From £35,000.00 per year
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.