£28,000 – £32,000
Our Client are looking for and enthusiastic and motivated person who has a real flair for technology mixed with a passion for providing exemplary customer service to join our expanding Southeast team.
They provide a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 900 schools across the Southeast of England. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
Our client is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected, and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.
As Network Manager you will be responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability and security of the schools’ ICT network as well as working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to help develop the IT across the school and help put plans in place for projects. You must be dedicated to delivering the TIO support service in a manner that embraces our company values. It is your job to facilitate communication between your school and TIO, keep up to date with what services TIO can offer, and manage the accounts of your customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, developing and managing a wide range of IT Systems across a schools Infrastructure,
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the school’s network infrastructure and ICT based applications
- Providing technical advice, training and support to staff to enable them to make effective use of systems.
- Day to day management of all IT operations ensuring all requests are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Monitoring and maintaining of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments and backups.
- 2nd/3rd line support.
- Enforcing and monitoring in line with school policies.
- Training of internal staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for IT with at least 2 years’ experience of working in a school as an IT Network Manager/IT Consultant.
- An excellent understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of working within the school environment.
- Experience in upgrading a school IT Network system.
- Self-motivation with strong communication and interpersonal skill as well as having exceptional customer service skills.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
The role is offered on a full year, full-time basis and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. Candidates must live within a commutable distance of the school (DA1).
In return, we are offering a salary of between £28,000 – 32,000 negotiable for the right person, benefits include Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme, Benefits & Wellbeing Hub including Eye care voucher scheme, Cycle Scheme, Mental Health First Aid and Employee Assistance Programme.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.