£35k – £40k
- A very autonomous relaxed environment whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it, Potential to Apply for Microsoft Training Vouchers after a Year
- working with a friendly bunch of people who are passionate about IT but also providing a fantastic service! We are passionate about investing in the education of pupils
- SAGE Employee Benefits.
- 2 years death in salary
- 3% pension contribution
- Sage benefits scheme (discounts)
- MS Vouchers 3 month after probation – progression plan
- 25 days holiday, 5 days for Xmas and get it all off. BH just given. Holiday at holiday
Our client is a leading Education ICT solutions provider. The cumulative expertise of our long-established team spans more than seventy-five years’ worth of experience in providing consultancy, infrastructure services, network development and upgrades, and managed support services to educational establishments throughout the UK. By providing over 700,000 hours of support to over 270,000 users per year, is an established market leader in the technology support sector.
looking for a Network Manager based on a client site to provide the core management function of the managed service.
- ICT Support Service on-site
- Ensure a consistent ICT support service is delivered to the school/centre. Establish and maintain high quality learning facilities and assist in planning their future development.
- Provide overall responsibility for ICT service in the school/centre as Network Manager. Including: advanced troubleshooting, ensuring a consistent service level, identifying potential network issues and escalating unresolved problems.
- Advanced maintenance of specialist equipment, specialist repairs/modifications upgrades, software/hardware enhancements within own capabilities. Arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
- Prioritise staff work loads, mentor, advise and train junior staff on appropriate working practices & procedures.
- Advise senior staff on areas of potential ICT growth/problems. Demonstrate and highlight issues arising from the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials.
- Provide detailed specialist advice and guidance as required to School/Centre on ICT requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
- Monitor stock levels within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required. Advise school on future purchasing requirements.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To be aware of the school/centre’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1984 for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all administrative and financial processes comply with this.
- Analyse the support logs to produce detailed management reports and help plan future support service developments.
- Provide second level of in-school support for more complex requests.
- Set support priorities given staff availability and wider ICT service demands.
- Advise leadership team on areas of concern
- Technical Expertise
- Perform advanced diagnosis procedures on hardware, peripherals and applications.
- Give appropriate advise on compatibility of hardware and OS.
- Give appropriate level of advise on compatibility of applications with existing systems, based on user requirements
- Working with the Senior Engineer to design and implement network infrastructure to meet the school’s requirements.
- 2nd Line Management active network components including switches, routers and firewall.
- Maintain Internet filtering systems.
- Manage remote access to the school’s intranet.
- Tailor processes to the specific school. Report on the effectiveness and impact of the processes.
- Design, implement procedures on receiving and testing ICT equipment.
- Design and implement procedures on asset disposal.
- Maintain and regularly review whole-school system contingency plans.
- Design and implement the school’s backup and virus protection policies.
- Implement appropriate security systems to protect hardware, data and confidential information.
- Report on and monitor progress against agreed service levels (both internal and external).
- Have an overall view of the capabilities of the school’s ICT service and contribute to continuous improvement to meet future needs.
- Assist in planning for major developments of ICT services.
- To do regular checks on our client systems, which include – but are not limited to, the following:
- Disk space checks
- Backup checks
- Event log checks
- Cluster Shared Volume/Shared Storage for Hypervisors
- SNMP Traps
- Holiday Work
- To lead engineering projects within the school holidays.
- To provide a detailed scope of works and design for this project
- Lead individuals of teams on site and delegate appropriate tasks to them to ensure the correct running of the project on time.
- Work with the account manager in liaising with the school to ensure all equipment is correct and that the school see you as the face of the project.
- Actively monitor school, LEA/LA and legal responsibilities.
- Develop relevant H&S procedures and ensure that all ICT users follow appropriate practice.
- Ability to self-regulate
- Any other tasks that the Technical Management Team, or the Company Directors feel are appropriate
Work Experience Requirements
- Two or more years’ experience managing Enterprise level Network infrastructures/a Service Desk.
- Ideally experience with Virtualisation (VMWARE or Hyper-V preferred)
- Cloud Services experience (Desirable, not essential)
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.