POSITION; TIG Welder
Monday – Thursday 7am – 4:15 pm Friday – 7am – 12pm
Salary £18,000 – £24,000
We require Production Operatives for our client in Abingdon Oxfordshire who are a specialist in the manufacture of high performance surface coatings mainly for the automotive industry. This is a permanent position starting immediately. If of interest.. You will be required to carry out skilled welding of components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies to go into motorsport/automotive
* Carry out welding of components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies to go into motorsport/automotive products following relevant drawings, procedures or guidelines
* To work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
* To ensure KPI targets are met
* To inform the Team Leader of any equipment or stock concerns
* To always keep the area clean and tidy
* To maintain and reinforce internal quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations
* Experience in a manufacturing environment
* The ability to work both alone and in a team
* The ability to read and understand engineering drawings
* Basic measuring and marking out skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* A high level of manual dexterity
* Good time management and organisational skills
* A qualification in Fabrication and Welding Engineering, or similar discipline, is preferred
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney, Aylesbury
Welding, Production, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Engineering,
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.