Position; Senior Buyer
Location; Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary; £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Our fast-growing client in Thame, Oxfordshire is seeking a Senior Buyer to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
The role will require the candidate to have excellent organisational skills, coupled with the ability to balance short term priorities with the long-term expectations. A successful applicant must be able to analyse data and execute based on that analysis. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted deadlines for new product introduction. The management of new and existing suppliers will play a major part in this role.
- Assist with the set up and maintenance of systems to monitor data and ensure accurate product, contract, pricing and invoicing information is available.
- Be responsible for the purchase of materials, consumables, and services.
- Act as supply chain lead within the “New Product Implementation” (NPI) process
- Using their negotiation skills work closely with suppliers to improve operations and reduce cost.
- In line with quality requirements ensure suppliers are regularly audited for good practice and where possible establish supplier agreements and review on an annual basis.
- Set up/administer systems to continually monitor stock and stock turnover to avoid excessive stock levels but ensuring levels meet required customer demand.
- Carry out and record on a monthly basis stock reconciliation analysing trends and recording third party stock takes.
- Demonstrable strong level of IT literacy
- Minimum 3 years in a Purchasing role
- NPD/NPI Experience (Ideally, not essential)
- An awareness of Health and Safety law and best practices
- Can demonstrate understanding of the commercial “Buying” and “Selling” process, ie Margin development and the impact procurement has on this.
- Has performed or supported New Supplier Selection /Evaluation/ Integration processes
- Strong grasp of written and spoken English
- A strong communicator
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Confident to discuss issues and clearly express their views
Thame, Aylesbury, Oxford, High Wycombe, Chinnor, Watlington, Wallingford
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.