Role: Senior Technical Engineer
Salary:£45k – £50k.
- Access to highly qualified senior engineers who are all Microsoft trained thus affording exceptional career development and advancement opportunities.
- A very autonomous relaxed environment whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it, Potential to Apply for Microsoft Training Vouchers after a Year
- working with a friendly bunch of people who are passionate about IT but also providing a fantastic service! We are passionate about investing in the education of pupils
- SAGE Employee Benefits.
- 2 years death in salary
- 3% pension contribution
- Sage benefits scheme (discounts)
- MS Vouchers 3 month after probation – progression plan
- 25 days holiday, 5 days for Xmas and get it all off. BH just given. Holiday at holiday
Our Client leading Education ICT solutions provider. The cumulative expertise of our long-established team spans more than seventy-five years’ worth of experience in providing consultancy, infrastructure services, network development and upgrades, and managed support services to educational establishments throughout the UK. By providing over 700,000 hours of support to over 270,000 users per year, they are an established market leader in the technology support sector.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to facilitate client visits to support the ongoing running of their school’s network.
- Senior Engineering
- To take ownership for a group of sites within the array of clients including all technical issues on site
- To be the escalation point for all technical issues within the client, before the issue hits the Helpdesk and to either fix these issues, or escalate appropriately.
- To think of solutions to common problems – a “can do” attitude.
- Provide the highest level of technical expertise to all assigned customer networks.
- To visit a client site and work through an agreed list of issues or strategic discussion that the school would like to be completed in their visit
- To identify areas of Growth within the school from a Technical and Engineering front and escalate this to the account manager.
- Mentor the Network Manager and Engineers on site and assist in progressing them onto the next level of Engineer within the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
- To attend emergency call outs where needed, sometimes beyond the call of duty.
- To cover the absence of engineers where needed.
- Remote Helpdesk
- To be part of the team that respond to calls on the Helpdesk
- Dealing with incoming tickets in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, the centralised helpdesk and via email
- Taking ownership of tickets and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable ticket resolution
- Keeping the Technical Services Manager abreast of all ongoing tickets, and their progress, at the end of each day
- Escalation of calls to engineers with other knowledge, ensuring the Technical Services Manager is aware of these calls. Check in on the progression of these calls with the escalated engineer and feedback to the customer if appropriate
- To do regular checks on our client systems, which include – but are not limited to, the following:
- Disk space checks
- Backup checks
- Event log checks
- Cluster Shared Volume/Shared Storage for Hypervisors
- SNMP Traps
- Facilitation of business transformation
- On regular visits, you may pick up “issues” that need to be resolved.
- Work to put together a business case and change document for changes to be implemented and to be sent to the account manager.
- Scoping projects on this site to address the issues
- Implementation of these projects within our schools
- Documenting this project for distribution to the Account Management Team, with an emphasis on transforming the way the systems are conducted, implemented and maintained within our schools
- Be part of our Technical Advisory Group to suggest new systems and ways of implementing a standardised systems across our schools.
- Holiday Work
- To lead engineering projects within the school holidays.
- To provide a detailed scope of works and design for this project
- Lead individuals of teams on site and delegate appropriate tasks to them to ensure the correct running of the project on time.
- Work with the account manager in liaising with the school to ensure all equipment is correct and that the school see you as the face of the project.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.