Position; Stores Controller (Automotive)
Salary; £24,000 – £28,000 + Overtime available
We require an area Stores person for our client based in Oxford reporting to the shift Supervisor. You will be responsible for the booking in and out of stock ensuring all areas are fully supported and OEM systems are updated.
You will be required to work through a 2-week rotational shift pattern of Earlies and Nights.
- Responsible for receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods as well as delivering goods from the store to required area.
- Responsible for the banding of pallets and carrying / moving goods around each required area.
- Using the OEM specific system for all requirements.
- Support the management staff in ensuring the re-work areas are kept to a high standard and that all colleagues are working to process.
- Ensure clear immediate communication to the Supervisor on any Project concerns.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure customer satisfaction by being flexible and courteous at all times.
- To be proactive in suggestions for improvement.
- To continually seek to become more multi-competent.
- To be fully involved in the discussions on team performance.
- Applicants should have knowledge of working within a stores environment and working within the Automotive industry would be advantageous.
- Be able to work the different shifts including nights.
- A forklift licence would be beneficial, but training would be given for the right candidate.
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney,
Supply Chain, Logistics, automotive, stores,
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.