Position; Team Leader (Manufacturing)
Salary; £12.00 – £13.00 + overtime (chance for further progression)
We require an area Team leader for our client based in Oxford reporting directly into the Plant Manager. You will be responsible for your area and supporting and organising the control of designated projects for the client within your chosen area.
You will be required to work through a 2-week rotational shift pattern of Earlies and Nights.
- Organise the hour-to-hour function of your designated projects or area. Ensure that all colleagues work in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company requirements.
- Complete any project set ups required throughout your shift liaising with the client at all times.
- Support the customer and supervisor with resolutions to any queries questions or concerns raised.
- Ensure that each project has the appropriate level of information required to carry out the task, whilst ensuring accuracy of the information supplied.
- Assure product quality by defining the required labelling, material flow, and product handling.
- Organise the resources required to ensure the section inspection targets are achieved through checking the skill matrix. Endeavour to ensure consistency allocation of Inspectors to particular projects for consistency.
- Ensure all colleagues understand and can work to the required level of inspection with good material flow including appropriate labelling.
- For the relevant project ensure the colleagues are equipped with the correct tooling, and materials to carry out the required activities in accordance with the task required.
- Ensure your team is aware of shift requirements each day and that the correct communication is given to them to ensure targets are achieved on a daily basis
- Advise shift management and Customer Liaison Manager [if appropriate] of concerns identified during the ongoing inspection activities
- Work with Shift Management to ensure all issues are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- If required personally carry out the required inspection activities.
- Ensure that the required Project paperwork is completed on time and to the required standard for all projects under their control.
- Knowledge of the Automotive industry and working within OEM’s would be beneficial
- Experience of managing people across a number of different projects / assignments
- You must be able to work both shifts
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney,
Supply Chain, Logistics, Automotive, Quality,
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.