Role: Unified Communications Support Technician
Basis: Full Time
Who are our client?
Our client specialise in IT security solutions and have won loads of awards for our excellence including Sophos Partner of the year twice. Our philosophy is to work hard and play just as hard. We are a privately owned company who have been in business since 2003 and continue to grow year on year. We really look after our employees and go above and beyond to ensure we remain an employer of choice. We believe in developing you and promote from within the business.
Primary Purpose As a Unified Communications Support Technician, you will be joining a growing and experienced team in supporting a wide variety of technologies.
This is a customer-facing role; candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face-to-face communication skills when needed. Key Responsibilities The role of Unified Communications Technician based in Didcot, Oxfordshire, offers variety and challenges with each customer being unique and expecting excellent levels of service.
The role includes:
* Supporting the delivery of Unified Communications projects, including – Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams, Wildix, and Ring Central
* Logging, managing, and resolving customer data connectivity and Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams issues
* Working closely with the larger general IT Helpdesk Team to support the resolution.
* Remote and on-site support
* Contribute to ongoing internal training programs
* Keep up-to-date with developments of Planet IT’s portfolio of products and with broader technology trends
* Individual self-study to achieve and maintain industry accreditation
* Interacting, Supporting, and presenting to new and current customers
* Working closely with the Voice and Connectivity team to support and deploy solutions for all customers Behaviors Required
* Minimum of 3 years IT experience in a corporate or services support environment
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
* Provide high level of support for existing customers
* System administration of Microsoft 365 experience
* Administration of Microsoft operating systems and applications (Office etc.)
* Demonstrating knowledge of Microsoft domain infrastructure; Exchange, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc. 2008-2016
* Good written and spoken English
* Extensive LAN/WAN Infrastructure knowledge and experience
* Knowledge of Android/iOS Support
* Cloud Services – Azure, Google, AWS
* Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, macOS/OSX
* Office 2010/13/16/365
* Ability to work independently under pressure
* Driving License and own transport essential The following skills are desirable:
* Phone system and Comms understanding
* Firewall, Modem, Routing understanding
* Linux systems
* Unix environment
* IT procurement / IT cost-saving initiatives
* Software development
* Experience in deploying and managing telephony systems
* Extensive Microsoft PowerShell experience
* Experience in delivery and support of Ethernet and SIP services
* Microsoft Skype for Business / Direct Routing for Teams deployments and support
What we offer you
Benefits o 20+ Days Holiday and rising (plus bank holidays)
o Flexible working (WFH incentives)
o Training and Progression Available
o Private medical cover
o Discounted gym membership
o Epic Christmas Parties
o Car Parking
our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome all candidates to apply with the right to work in the UK.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.