We are proud to be working alongside our client who manufactor innovative equipment for the scientific community. Due to continued growth they are looking to add a workshop technician to their team.
- Assembly of products in line with QA System and drawings.
- Booking parts out of stores in line with correct procedure.
- Leak testing of systems with helium.
- Tig welding, hard and soft soldering of parts.
- Completing modification sheets as necessary and communicating to D.O.
- Actively work with the D.O. to improve products and increase efficiency of assembly processes.
- Supply information when required for Production QA Work Instructions.
- Occasional use of manual lathe and mill.
- Maintain quality in line with company expectations.
- Assist in development and maintenance of build files/route cards.
- Maintain a tidy and clean workshop.
- Identifying to management tooling and equipment requirements to improve efficiency within assembly
- Installation of products/projects on customer site if required.
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times, particular attention given to cryogenic liquids.
- Previous experience with assembly of scientific equipment is essential.
- Engineering NVQ or qualified by experience
Witney, Abingdon, Carterton, Long Hanborough, Clanfield, Eynsham, Oxford
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Adam or Jack on 01865 257 455 or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.