Remote Perm role
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
Our client is seeking a senior-level PHP developer with Symfony experience to work on the development of our flagship B2B application, based on the client's cloud Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform.
This is a remote position with the option for regular days in the Uxbridge-based office.
Our client is a leading provider of Digital Asset Management and workflow solutions to the Retail and Entertainment sectors. They are developing a SAAS DAM platform and client product suite to drive the next stage in growth of the business. This exciting initiative utilises the latest in front end and server side technology to enable us to develop and deploy new client DAM applications rapidly across web and mobile.
The platform technology stack is primarily PHP / Symfony on AWS. We use multiple aspects of AWS, including Elasticsearch and Cloudfront. Front end product UIs are built on this stack using React.js. We use a UX driven approach to product development.
They are looking for an experienced developer with strong OO skills, experience of Scrum/Agile and a background in client product development using a modern web stack. This role reports directly to the Head of Development.
What we’re looking for
● Experience in team leadership
● Strong OO design skills
● Experience in creating well documented REST APIs and/or web applications
● Experience of writing clean, modern PHP (7+) with Symfony
● Knowledge of what it takes to build and maintain a SaaS product that delights users and keeps technical debt to an absolute minimum.
● Experience working in a Test Driven Development environment
● Knowledge of some or all of AWS and ElasticSearch
● Experience working within Agile frameworks
● Front-end knowledge (React) an advantage
● Ability to meet deadlines and to help deliver business-wide goals
● Someone who can work closely and confidently with the Systems and Infrastructure team
What we’ll give you
● Competitive salary and benefits
● Opportunity to work across the stack
● Flat company structure