2nd– 3rd Line Support
£30,000 – £35,000
Our client are looking for an IT Manager/Network Manager who has a real flair for technology mixed with a passion for providing exemplary service to our customers to join our team supporting a secondary school in Harrow.
As IT Manager you are responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability and security of the curriculum and administrative ICT network, including the hardware and software infrastructure of the schools’ ICT network. As well as working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to help develop the IT across the school and help put plans in place for projects.
You must be dedicated to delivering the support service in a manner that embraces our company values. It is your job to facilitate communication between your school, keep up to date with what services can offer, and manage the accounts of your customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the school’s network infrastructure and ICT based applications
- Monitoring and maintenance of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments, Office 365 and backups
- Providing technical advice, training and support to staff to enable them to make effective use of systems.
- Day to day management of all IT operations ensuring all requests are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Monitoring and maintaining of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments and backups.
- Line manage and take responsibility for the work of the ICT support staff.
- 2nd/3rd line support.
- Enforcing and monitoring in line with school policies.
- Training of internal staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for IT with at least 2-3 years’ experience of working in a school as an IT Network Manager/IT Consultant.
- An excellent understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of working within the school environment.
- Experience in upgrading a school IT Network system.
- Self-motivation with strong communication and interpersonal skill as well as having exceptional customer service skills.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
The role is offered on a full year, full-time basis and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In return, we are offering a salary of between £30,000 – £35,000 negotiable for the right person, benefits include salary sacrifice pension scheme, benefits & wellbeing Hub including electric/hybrid car leasing scheme, cycle Scheme, eye care voucher scheme, employee assistance programme, employee recognition platform and online retail discounts scheme.
Provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 1,000 schools across the Southeast of England. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
Is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected, and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.
On is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
‘Happy to talk flexible working’
‘Your data matters’
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.