Our client are a highly experienced manufacturer who boast over 50 years experience in the design, manufacture, test, install, commissioning and maintenance of high-voltage sub-station protection and control equipment.
The Lead Design Engineer is responsible for the technical management of customer orders within a project team. The ability to communicate with customers and internal stakeholders is essential. In addition, co-ordination of engineering resources to ensure completion of the most economical technical solution in a timely manner is crucial.
- Technical management of projects in line with client expectations, procedures and programmed timescales.
- Overall responsibility for all technical matters for each project within the project team.
- Communication of technical information to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in the tender to project team handover meetings, where appropriate.
- Participating in both internal and external meetings, such as project kick-off’s and project reviews.
- Project lead from a technical viewpoint, for individual team projects. Including the monitoring and direction of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and other engineering resource for those specific contracts.
- Conduct site surveys (where appropriate) at Customer sites respecting all relevant Health and Safety rules.
- Help in maintaining or improving the project budget by use of “standard” parts and designs to minimise material and labour cost.
- Lead the “design review” team meeting on all new projects to identify previous similar projects to work from, identify missing information from the customer and collect technical queries from the team.
- Work within any procedures, guidelines or specifications set by the customer, any relevant electricity supply industry, and / or any relevant International organisation / standards to produce and issue any drawings deemed necessary to allow review by the client and subsequent comment / approval of the required system design.
This could include [depending on contractual scope of supply] but is not limited to:
- Circuit diagrams
- Logic diagrams
- Single line diagrams
- Cable drawings/ schedules
- Interface drawings
- Equipment schedules
- Experience in technical management of projects
- Produce electrical drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Work to deadlines
- Motivator of others
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent stake holder management
- People manager
The following experience would be an advantage but not essential:
Experience working in a manufacturing / utilities environment
Factory acceptance testing experience
ESSENTIAL: HNC in Engineering – Electrical
DESIRABLE: HND in Engineering – Electrical
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.