3rd Line Support Consultant
£28,000 – £38,000 FTE
Remote work with occasional travel to Princes Risborough
Pension, Online retail discounts, Employee recognition platform
Our client are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated and experienced 3rd line technical support consultant to join an existing technical support team based at our Princes Risborough office to provide an outstanding level of customer service and high-end technical support to our schools.
You will report into the Service Desk Manager and act as the primary point of technical escalation as well as providing ad-hoc coaching and assistance for the first and second-line support.
Our client provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services, consultancy, and training to over 995 schools and we now employ more than 160 people across London and the South East. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
Our client is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have.
- Manage 2nd & 3rd line technical support for schools, providing outstanding levels of customer service and support
- Resolve and manage any technical issues that impacts the running of the school’s function by providing robust technical solutions.
- Help with the support/mentoring of the 1st/2nd support roles
- Enforcing and monitoring in line with school policies
- To undertake project work and lead on various projects from inception to implementation
- Internal network support if required
- Internal staff training
- Windows Server, Active Directory and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Virtualisation Technologies – particularly HyperV
- Cloud Technologies – Office365/Azure
- Experience of leading on installations of servers and networks
- Ability to make proactive decisions when an ICT emergency occurs.
- Outstanding levels of customer service with positive & pro-active communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly and approachable
- Excellent team player
- Able to work independently and good at planning and organizing own time effectively.
The role is offered on a full-time basis and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In return, we are offering a salary of between £28,000 – £38,000 FTE negotiable for the right person, benefits include Pension scheme, Eye care voucher scheme, Cycle Scheme, Mental Health First Aid and Employee Assistance Programme.
Our Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
‘Happy to talk flexible working’
‘Your data matters’
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.