Position; PRODUCTION OPERATIVE
Location; Wimbledon – SW19
Salary; £11.50 – £12.10
Our client, a fast paced family run business based in SW19 are looking for a number of Production Operatives to join their team following the winning of a new contract. Our client supplies fresh prepared produce to varying clients across the London and South East area, giving a first class service in every delivery.
We require 5 people to join their established team on a temporary to permanent basis. You will be required to process fresh produce through controlled processes, ensuring hygiene and safety protocols are always adhered to.
We have 2 shifts available – 7am until 3.30pm & 2pm to 10.30pm. Our client is open from Sunday through to Friday, main hours will be any 5 days from these 6.
- To process all incoming goods ready to be delivered back to head office.
- Receive, inspect, record temperatures and store produce upon delivery.
- Individually responsible for maintaining all Health & Safety control within the department in accordance with Company policies.
- Operate machinery in accordance to training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), to process, bag, box or otherwise package products.
- Raise concerns about product quality to the Line Leader/Production Manager/Quality Controller.
- Minimising wastage.
- Ensure all final products are checked for all quality and hygiene.
- Assisting in the packing of all products produced.
- Carrying out a variety of cleaning duties as required, to maintain a clean, tidy, safe and food safe working environment.
Applicants with knowledge of working in a kitchen would be beneficial but not a must.
Full training will be given to new starters, but a willingness to learn and carry out new tasks is essential.
Knife skills would be desirable (as mentioned on the kitchen experience) but this is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and self motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Knowledge of Food production and/or of working in a kitchen would be advantageous.
- Flexibility to work and good attention to detail.
Raynes Park, Wimbledon, Merton, Morden, Mitcham, Streatham, Motspur Park,
Production, Kitchen, factory operative, food production,
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.