Job Title: IT Officer
Salary: £30,000 to £36,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Responsible to: IT Support Manager
- Annual leave: 28 working days
- Additional holiday days are awarded as longer services awards.
- Employee Benefits Platform: Free access to thousands of discounts and savings via vouchers, reloadable cards, cashback and online voucher codes.
- Free Meal: When on duty, a meal is provided free of charge when the kitchens are open.
- University of Oxford pension scheme
- Travel Pass Loan: A discounted travel scheme is available.
- Cycle to Work Scheme / Bike Loan. On site cycle repair service at discounted rates.
- Sports Facilities: Access to the University Sport club.
- University Card: for discounts in shops, cafes and restaurants and University Leisure facilities
A college within the prestigious University of Oxford is seeking to employ an individual with demonstrable experience in hands-on first-line IT support, and a willingness to learn and participate in ongoing project implementation.
- First-line support for college staff, students, and guests via the helpdesk system.
- Configuration and distribution of end-user IT equipment.
- Hardware and software asset management.
- Setup of AV equipment for events on college sites.
- Assistance in rollout/deployments of ongoing IT project work.
- Ability to demonstrate possession of the skills and qualities specified below is more important than experience in a similar role.
- Strong face-to-face customer service skills.
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (primarily Windows 10).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of workstation hardware.
- Good practical knowledge of mobile operating systems – Android and iOS.
- Practical experience of AD-DS principles.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and equipment.
- Willingness and desire to expand on existing knowledge via external training and/or selfteaching.
- Good understanding of AV equipment.
- Basic understanding of MacOS.
- Basic IT security concepts.
- Basic understanding of, and some exposure to virtualisation technologies.
- Basic understanding of print management solutions.
- Basic understanding of Windows deployment technologies e.g., MDT.
- Basic understanding of software and hardware asset management concepts.
- Basic understanding of SharePoint online.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.