IT Support Technician
Hatfield/ Haywards Heath – Hybrid
* Pension contributions
* Annual basic eye examination and £100 off the cost of lenses and frames
* Cycle2Work scheme
* Salary sacrifice program
* Full catalogue of iHasco training courses covering professional, mental health, and wellbeing as well as first aid and fire safety training.
* Benefithub (vouchers for entertainment, shpping and travel and money saving schemes)
* Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library (Free Childrens Books – for the kids not the applicant!)
* Help@hand. Unum is our Life Assurance partner. They provide a range of services such as remote GP’s, mental health support, physiotherapy, second medical opinions as well as life, money and well being support. (Travel maybe required)
* 3% pension contributions
This role is to provide 1st and 2nd line IT Service Desk support to staff using the IT systems at all sites, including remote sites in other countries and for staff working from home. It involves supporting a wide variety of hardware and software solutions in an office and warehouse environment. The role reports to the Group IT Service Delivery Manager.
– Prioritize and respond to tickets on the IT Service Desk and assist employees with their queries in a timely and helpful manner. Own the tickets through the escalation process if required and provide first rate response to employees.
– Provide support for a wide variety of software solutions, including Microsoft products such as Windows 10, Office 365, Azure, Windows Servers (2012-2019)
– Carry out maintenance, repairs, and support on a variety of hardware solutions, including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, desktop and label printers, scanners, and other systems.
– Complete the starter, mover & leaver processes from the IT perspective and update and adjust user access permissions for applications and services when required.
– Setup and manage hardware, such as new computer installations, equipment for meeting rooms, printer installations, networking setup and configuration as needed.
– Ensure an accurate and up-to-date IT asset register, including adding new information on new equipment and updating asset details when equipment is checked in and out. Maintain an understanding of IT stock and arrange for replacement orders as necessary.
– Support and mentor the 1st Line team, providing guidance and assistance wherever possible.
– Assist and support the System Administrators with project work and learn and grow skills into new areas as needed.
– Report on service ticket volumes and interpret data to drive improvement initiatives.
– An understanding of, and enthusiasm for Information Technology, with a desire to learn new systems and processes.
– A drive for good customer service and see a task through to completion. Able to implement the needs of customers when taking actions or making decisions.
– An excellent communicator, able to explain sometimes complex technical tasks to end users in easy-to-understand terms, as well as create detailed documentation and user guides.
– Calm under pressure, able to work to tight deadlines and prioritize user issues as required. Able to gain an understanding of the Service Desk structure and work efficiently and flexibly to meet the varied demands of the business.
– Able to work effectively in office, warehouse and when working with remote teams.
– Eager to learn and develop new skills, able to work alongside others on support and project work as well as independently.
– Able to respond rapidly to changing situations and priorities, multi-tasking as necessary to deal with different issues as they arise and respond to challenging user requirements.
This position is located at our Head Office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire and is an on-site position, with occasional travel to our site in Haywards Heath.
Hours may vary, with some evening and weekend work required depending on business needs.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.