IT Support Technician
Hatfield/ Haywards Heath
- Pension contributions
- Annual basic eye examination and £100 off the cost of lenses and frames
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Salary sacrifice program
- Full catalogue of iHasco training courses covering professional, mental health, and wellbeing as well as first aid and fire safety training.
- Benefithub (vouchers for entertainment, shpping and travel and money saving schemes)
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library (Free Childrens Books – for the kids not the applicant!)
- Help@hand. Unum is our Life Assurance partner. They provide a range of services such as remote GP’s, mental health support, physiotherapy, second medical opinions as well as life, money and well being support. (Travel maybe required)
- 3% pension contributions
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer to join a leading logistics company based in Hatfield. As a member of the End User Compute team, you will be responsible for providing IT support to over 450 staff, across multiple sites in the UK and abroad. You will provide level 2 support for a wide range of IT services including digital workspace, identity, connectivity, and security. As the escalation point for the service desk, you will act as a mentor the 1st line support staff, writing up technical guidelines for the team when required. An ambassador for Group IT, you will promote and maintain our high quality, professional, service orientated image to our customers at all times.
- Experienced 2nd line support engineer with at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels in a professional manner.
- Has a passion for solving problems and all things IT and tech.
- Is committed to their personal development.
- Has a flexible working attitude & be able to work under pressure.
Technical skills required:
- Proficient Windows 10/11 Desktop Administration.
- Advanced hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Application and OS deployment via Intune, PDQ or similar tools.
- Proven experience in providing level 2 support of O365 suite.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies, Terminal Services and DHCP, AD Domain services, MFA Server and SSO
In return you will be joining a business that places it’s employees at the heart of everything it does and is committed to helping you develop and achieve your career goals
This position is located at our Head Office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire and is an on-site position, with occasional travel to our site in Haywards Heath.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.