Position; Chef de Partie
Salary; £28,000 – £31,000
About the role;
Planet Recruitment are proud to be working with a fast-growing organisation based in the Oxford area who are looking for a Chef de Partie
- To check the quality of all goods purchased.
- Ensure all food labelling is carried out as per HACCP.
- To manage the stock rotation.
- To run various sections of kitchen as requested/directed.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- In liaison with the other chefs, to prepare meat, fish, soup, and vegetarian dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner service as directed by the Head and senior chefs.
- To prepare sweets/ desserts/ buffets for Senior Common Room, students, and conference guests.
- To check all food deliveries, storage, cooking, and cooling temperature policies adhere to.
- To practice and follow all health & hygiene regulations, with attention to safe working processes, as outlined.
- Ensure that all food produced is handled hygienically.
- Implement date monitoring of all food, from receipt to service.
- Ensure all HACCP procedures are in place and monitored across the site.
- To be aware of and follow the allergy systems and procedures and be able to communicate queries on allergy contents correctly.
- Understand the importance of serving safe food to people with allergies.
- To undertake and support the Head Chef with any other duties as appropriate.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as City & Guilds 706 1 or 2, or NVQ, or equivalent professional experience
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering or equivalent
- Experience in working across different sections of the kitchen, preferably within a large and busy operation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an intermediate level of written and spoken English Excellent larder, pastry, and sauce skills.
- Ability to produce a wide variety of dishes, including vegetarian.
- Ability to work without supervision using own initiative.
- Taking responsibility for scheduled tasks.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to follow recipes accurately.
- Willing to work flexibly as part of the overall team.
- A willingness to progress and develop to achieve personal goals.
Witney, Didcot, Abingdon, Wantage, Oxford, Milton Park, Wallingford, Southmoor, Kingston Bagpuize
Chef, Chef De Partie, Banqueting Chef, Hospitality, Catering
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.