Position; EVENTS MANAGER
Salary; £36,000 per annum
About the role;
Planet Recruitment are actively looking for an Events Manager to join our well-established client based in the City Centre of Oxford. The successful candidate will be leading the events and hospitality functions of the business along with working very closely with internal and external stakeholders securing bookings and conferences.
Normal working hours will be between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday however due to some events may involve evenings and weekends.
- Reporting to the Domestic Operations Manager, under the strategic guidance, you will lead the events and hospitality functions.
- You will work with both internal and external stakeholders in securing the booking of events, conferences, and summer schools, from the point of enquiry to handover to the Events Co-Ordinator for delivery of the function.
- You will line manage and support our Events Co-Ordinator and work with the Head Chef, Bar, Common Room, and other service Head of Departments to maintain service excellence and to innovate, improve back-office processes, and ensure compliance is achieved in all the teams responsible for the delivery of an event.
- Work with the finance department to ensure that quotations, invoicing, and payment is made within the required timeframes.
- You will develop appropriate internal systems to ensure events are secured, administered, and run smoothly, and support the Events Co-Ordinator in the exercise of their role. Together with the Events Co-Ordinator you will jointly manage our Front of House service ensuring that staffing, training, presentation, and service delivery are organized and delivered to a high standard.
- You will assume managerial responsibility for the student-staffed bar (though the Director of Estates will remain the designated license holder) and you will be responsible for the day-to-day stocking of our wine cellar.
- Your strong communication and networking skills will build relationships with key stakeholders such as senior personnel, Colleagues, donors, VIP’s and new and repeat clients.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Significant experience and expertise in commercial/educational events management, or a related field
- Experience in project management and managing budgets.
- Proven ability to work independently, along with a commitment to hands-on teamwork.
- Proven ability to deliver events where attention to detail is paramount.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with the ability to proofread and deliver accurate work rapidly.
- Ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to assimilate, understand and retain information at speed and from written and oral sources.
- Well-developed interpersonal and advocacy skills, employing tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with crises, showing sound and cool judgement under pressure.
- Ability to work on numerous projects at the same time and prioritise workloads with good time-management skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety and hygiene compliance
- Proven skills in Microsoft and IT capability/aptitude (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to discern and devise appropriate events which fit remits.
- Well-organised and clear thinking; able to respond swiftly to a challenge.
- Willingness to take part in the full range of event management activities, as circumstances require.
- Willingness and availability to work flexibly, including outside normal office hours and at weekends on occasions.
Oxford, Abingdon, Woodstock, Cowley, Summertown, Didcot, Bicester, Banbury, Wantage
Events Management, Events Manager, Hospitality, Events Coordination
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.